Back to Big Neon
1.1 BigNeon Services. BigNeon's products, features and offerings are available (a) online through various BigNeon properties including without limitation, BigNeon ("Site(s)"); (b) off platform, including without limitation, entry management, sponsorship and marketing or distribution services; and (c) through mobile applications, webpages, application programming interfaces, and subdomains ("Applications"). (a), (b), and (c) are collectively referred to as "BigNeon Properties" or our "Services".
3. Personal Data That We Collect. When you use or interact with us through the Services, we may collect Personal Data. Sometimes this will be on our own behalf and other times this will be on behalf of an Organizer using our Services to run an event. This is an important distinction for EU data protection law purposes and is explained in more detail in Section 16 below.
3.2 Organizers. As an Organizer we will collect additional Personal Data from you. Information you provide to us: In some cases, we may collect your credit card information (e.g., your credit card number and expiration date, billing address, etc.), some of which may constitute Personal Data, to secure certain payments. In addition, if you use our payment processing services, we will collect financial information from you (e.g., your bank account information or an address to send checks) as necessary to facilitate payments and information required for tax purposes (e.g., your taxpayer identification number). Information we obtain from other sources: We may also collect or receive Personal Data from third party sources, such as third party websites, your bank, our payment processing partners and credit reporting agencies.
3.3 Consumers. As a Consumer we will collect additional Personal Data from you, sometimes for our own purposes and other times on behalf of an Organizer (see Section 16 below for more information). Information you provide via BigNeon Properties or Applications: If you register for a paid event, you will provide financial information (e.g., your credit card number and expiration date, billing address, etc.) some of which may constitute Personal Data. In addition, Organizers can set up event registration pages to collect virtually any information from Consumers in connection with registration for an Organizer's event listed on the Services. BigNeon does not control an Organizer's registration process nor the Personal Data that they collect. Personal Data collected on behalf of Organizers is provided to the Organizer of the applicable event in accordance with "How We Disclose and Transfer Your Personal Data: Organizers" below. Information we obtain from other sources: We may also collect or receive Personal Data from third party sources, such as Organizers, other Consumers, social media or other third party integrations, your credit card issuing bank, our payment processing partners or other third parties.
4.1 Specific Reason. If you provide Personal Data for a certain purpose, we may use the Personal Data in connection with the purpose for which it was provided. For instance, if you contact us by e-mail, we will use the Personal Data you provide to answer your question or resolve your problem and will respond to the email address from which the contact came.
4.2 Access and Use. If you provide Personal Data in order to obtain access to or use of the Services or any functionality thereof, we will use your Personal Data to provide you with access to or use of the Services or functionality and to analyze your use of such Services or functionality. For instance, if you supply Personal Data relating to your identity or qualifications to use certain portions of the Services, we will use that information to make a decision as to granting you access to use such Services and to assess your ongoing qualification to use such Services.
4.3 Internal Business Purposes. We may use your Personal Data for internal business purposes, including without limitation, to help us improve the content and functionality of the Services, to better understand our Users, to improve the Services, to protect against, identify or address wrongdoing, to enforce our Terms of Service, to manage your account and provide you with customer service, and to generally manage the Services and our business.
4.4 BigNeon Marketing Communications. Where it is in accordance with your marketing preferences, we may use your Personal Data to contact you in the future for our marketing and advertising purposes, including without limitation, to inform you about services or events we believe might be of interest to you, to develop promotional or marketing materials and provide those materials to you, and to display content and advertising on or off the Services that we believe might be of interest to you. See "Opt Out from Electronic Communications" below on how to opt out of BigNeon Marketing Communications.
4.5 Organizer Emails. We allow Organizers to use our email tools to contact Consumers for their current and past events, so you may receive emails from our system that originate with such Organizers and that we send on their behalf. If you registered for an event on the Services, your email address is available to that Organizer. However, Organizers may also import the email addresses they have from external sources and send communications through the Services to those email addresses, and we will deliver those communications to those email addresses on the Organizer's behalf. The Organizer and not BigNeon is responsible for sending these emails. See "Opt Out from Electronic Communications" below on how to opt out of Organizer initiated communications.
5. How We Disclose And Transfer Your Personal Data. 5.1 No Sale. We are not in the business of selling your Personal Data. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. Therefore, we will not sell your Personal Data to third parties, including third party advertisers. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may disclose, transfer or share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below.
5.4 Agents, Consultants and Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with our contractors and service providers who process Personal Data on behalf of BigNeon to perform certain business-related functions. These companies include our marketing agencies, database service providers, backup and disaster recovery service providers, email service providers and others. When we engage another company to perform such functions, we may provide them with information, including Personal Data, in connection with their performance of such functions.
5.5 Organizers. When you purchase tickets to or register for an event through the event page, or through a related page on the Services, we provide the Personal Data entered on the applicable event or related page to the Organizers of such event. In some instances, an Organizer may appoint a third party, which may or may not be affiliated with the Organizer, to create an event on its behalf (we call these third parties ("Third Party Organizers"). For example, and without limitation, a concert venue (the Organizer, in this case) may allow third party promoters or production companies (the Third Party Organizers) to create events that will be hosted at the Organizer's venue using its BigNeon account. In that case, we may provide your Personal Data to the Third Party Organizers on behalf of the Organizers. We are not responsible for the actions of these Organizers, or their Third Party Organizers, with respect to your Personal Data. It is important that you review the applicable policies of the Organizers, and if applicable and available, their appointed Third Party Organizers, of an event (and the related fundraising page, if applicable) before providing Personal Data or other information in connection with that event or related page. Similarly, if you are a member of an Organizer's organization within BigNeon, your Personal Data will be available to the Organizer and shared with those Third Party Organizers granted permission by the Organizer to view all members of the Organizer's organization.
5.7 Legal Requirements. We may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law in order to (for example) respond to a subpoena or request from law enforcement, a court or a government agency (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements), or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with a legal obligation, (b) protect or defend our rights, interests or property or that of third parties, (c) prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services, (d) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Users of the Services or the public, or (e) protect against legal liability.
7. How You Can Access, Update, Correct or Delete Your Personal Data. You can request access to some of your Personal Data being stored by us. You can also ask us to correct, update or delete any inaccurate Personal Data that we process about them. If you are a registered User, you can exercise these rights by logging in and visiting the My Account page. Both registered and unregistered Users may also exercise these rights by contacting us directly by email or at the address specified below. If a Consumer initiates a data deletion request, BigNeon is authorized to delete or anonymize Personal Data of the requesting Consumer from the Services even if that means removing its availability to the Organizer through the Services. However, if you are a Consumer, you understand that even if you BigNeon deletes or anonymizes your Personal Data upon your request or pursuant to this Policy, your Personal Data may still be available in the Organizer's own databases if transmitted to the Organizer prior to BigNeon receiving or taking action on any deletion or anonymization activity. We will consider and respond to all requests in accordance with applicable law.
8. How Long We Retain Your Personal Data. We may retain your Personal Data as long as you are registered to use the Services. You may close your account by contacting us. However, we may retain Personal Data for an additional period as is permitted or required under applicable laws. Even if we delete your Personal Data it may persist on backup or archival media for an additional period of time for legal, tax or regulatory reasons or for legitimate and lawful business purposes.
10. Your Choices. You have several choices available when it comes to your Personal Data:
10.1 Limit the Personal Data You Provide. You can browse the Services without providing any Personal Data (other than Automatic Data to the extent it is considered Personal Data under applicable laws) or with limiting the Personal Data you provide. If you choose not to provide any Personal Data or limit the Personal Data you provide, you may not be able to use certain functionality of the Services. For instance, in order to buy tickets as an Consumer, your name and email address will be required by the Organizer.
10.3 Do Not Track. We currently do not participate in any "Do Not Track" frameworks that would allow us to respond to signals or other mechanisms from you regarding the collection of your Personal Data.
15. Dispute Resolution. If you have a complaint about BigNeon's privacy practices you should write to us at: BigNeon, Inc., Attn: Privacy Officer, 2201 Broadway, Suite 100, Oakland, CA 94612, USA, or by email. We will take reasonable steps to work with you to attempt to resolve your complaint.